Traveling is one of the favorite hobbies for many and a passion for quite a few. For those who like to travel quite often, packing, planning, and the actual trip are cakewalk. You do not usually make mistakes, you have already thought of all the problems that could arise and have a solution handy already.
However, if you are a person who is only setting out to travel alone, or with a group of equally inexperienced friends, you need some help with the planning, even if the aim is to set out without a plan and hitchhike.
Things to keep in mind
Irrespective of whether you are the absolute planner, itinerary for every day and all, or the sojourner, who doesn’t even know where the road will take the traveler, you need to keep five basic things in mind:
- You need to know a little about the laws of the land you’re traveling to, especially if you are going abroad.
- You need to know about the weather of the places you could travel to, so that you are ready to shield yourself against that if necessary.
- You need to know the type of food available in the place. If you cannot live without meat, and end up in a beautiful Tibetan pilgrim spot, you won’t quite enjoy your vacation.
- You need to carry enough cash, even if you want to spend as little as possible.
- You need to know how to pack light and still have everything you need.
Packing and prepping
In this article, you will learn about some essentials to carry with you, no matter where you go. Here are some items you must not forget to carry with you while you travel any corner of the world:
- Clothes– You of course know that you need clothes. The point is you need to carry clothes suitable for the type of weather there. You need to carry light cotton clothes for warm weather and warm jackets and socks and gloves for the cold. Get enough sets of shirts and inner wear because while you travel the world, you can easily find yourself in a situation where you do not get to do laundry. Also, try carrying old clothes made of durable fabric for hitchhikes.
- Ziploc– Make use of multiple Ziploc to organize your gadgets, important documents, and cash. This way you can keep track of your possessions so you do not lose them. Also, you can reach them easily whenever you need them.
- First aid– Always keep some antiseptic, crepe bandages, band-aids, pain relief spray, and medicines for fever and stomach problems handy while you travel. These things might be necessary on a trip when you find no medical stores around. Also, keep in some glucose and chocolates handy.
- Mini notepad and pen– Taking notes on the phone is not always possible. A mini pad and pen always comes in handy when you need to jot down something in the middle of the road. Those who carry a journal make the most of their trips.
Enjoy your journey and the destinations, travel safe and well-equipped.